Each February across Oregon, the Polar Plunge challenges thousands of brave people to take a dip into icy waters and raise money for a great cause - Special Olympics Athletes! The Polar Plunge is a great way for individuals, organizations, schools, and businesses to come together, have fun and support more than 12,000 athletes statewide. Oregon plunges are in Portland, Corvallis, Eugene, Bend, and Southern Oregon. All funds raised go to support athlete sports training, uniforms, equipment, and competition travel expenses.
Here in Southern Oregon we plunge at the Rogue Valley Country Club! Make a full-commitment and take the plunge into an icy outdoor pool - and fundraise to support our athletes across Josephine, Jackson, and Klamath counties.
Join the SOU RAIDER TEAM by: supporting a plunger (pay not to plunge) or taking the plunge yourself and raising $50/per person for the amazing opportunity to support those with intellectual disabilities - one of the largest disability populations in the state.
Here’s how to sign up:
1. Go to www.plungeoregon.org and sign up as an individual or as part of a team.
2. Fundraise and collect at least $50/per plunger.
3. Bring your signed waiver, cash, and checks to pre-registration on February 14, 2020 (between 4-7PM) at the Rogue Valley Country Club. Ok to register on the day of the event (8AM-10AM).
4. Get your costume ready for plunge day - coordinate with your friends and teammates to have a shot at the best costume contest!
5. Plunge Day - Feb. 15th: Arrive by 10am @ Rogue Valley Country Club & Sign In
6. 10:30am Costume Contest
7. 11am - Opening Ceremonies Begin, then the 2020 POLAR PLUNGE!
For more information contact:
Saturday, February 15 at 11:00am to 1:00pm
Rogue Valley Country Club, Poolside 2660 Hillcrest Road, Medford, OR 97504